Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am sorry but I think this is going on to long the Dover war memorial has been standing without a flag from day one.I was a town cllr at one time and it is well know that we do not see eye to eye but in this case I think they are right.
    I am ex Army from the 1950s and 1960s still a member of the Royal British Legion Downs Branch at Deal.
    I f it had not been for the Town council taking over the roll of looking after the War Memorial and the small garden it would not look so nice as it does now.
    We already have the flag flying from the Castle each day.
    Mrs Augusta sorry but it is time you drop all this it is upseting members both from the public and both councils.
    We have special service each year at the memorial when all flags are there if we have the union Jack flying there all the time it would make the service we hold there just like the other ones.
    I do not think you re doing it just to get headlines ?so please stop it.
    The real fight you should take on is trying to get a Branch of the Royal British Legion open again in Dover so we as members cain can come back to our home town at this very time the Flag of the Dover Branch of the Legion is hanging it a store in Maidstone it can not come back to Dover till we have a branch up and running.In doing that you will get both the support of the D.D.C. and the D.T.C. + the public and members of the legion.
    As for a chain across the path is also wrong the public need to go up to it and see the names on it. by putting a chain there us older one would trip over it.
    Also it is the town council that add names to the memorial every 3years.
    So please again stop what you re doing it is upseting to some Dover is also my home town lived here all my 72 years apart from my army services and working away.Thank you.

end link