Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Dover Memorial is very good as it is been that way from day one.
    As a ex Dover town cllr and I was also in the army for some years a still a member of the Royal British Legion.
    It is well know that I have never got on with the Town council but it was the council that had the Memorial clean up also it was them who add names to it each year.When there is a service at the Memorial the flags come out to show the public that the services held there are special if the flag was there all the time the service would look like it was just a general one.
    Dover has the flag hanging from the Castle each day all can see that.
    Are you doing this Mrs Augusta just to get headlines,?I for one do not think so but it is time you moved away from this as a Legion member and ex Army I am please to just see the War Memorial as it is clean and the small garden is looking nice alot better then years ago before the Town Council took over the care of it.
    So please all you are doing is upseting alot of the public and ex services so end it please.
    If you wish to help the ex services and the public of Dover do it in the best way try and get a Dover BRANCH of the British Legion open again in doing that you will get alot more support from both the public and council and the main thing is that you would get the Dover Royal British Legion flag out showing to the public again.
    At this time it is in a store in Maidstone and can not be seen again till a Dover Branch is up and running again .
    I am a member of the Downs Branch at Deal along with other Dover members because we do not have our own Branch or flag.
    End.

end link