Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was at the meeting on Sept 3rd & if anyone was treated unfairly it was Augusta, she was given 5mins to speak, two people before her spoke for much longer with it seemed no time limit. What the Mayor doesn't seem to understand or doesn't want to understand is that no one is asking to put a flagpole on the actual building & you do not need planning permission to put up a flag pole. No one doubts that the Mayor works hard, but well over 3000 people have signed Augusta,s petition surely that's a good enough reason to do it, Councillors are elected to speak & act for the people but I didn't see much of that going on. I also don't understand why you have to have a meeting to decide when you are going to have a meeting to discuss the matter, it smacks of delaying tactics. I also noticed that a lot of the Councillors supported the flag - well done them, so stand up & be counted. I would also like to ask - politely of course - why has the Town Clerk so much power she is unelected therefore shouldn't have any input in decision making ?

end link