Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Strange how politically minded people always jump on the election soap box when they have been caught out not doing the job they were elected for! From day 1 I have stated to all who signed the petition, and the numbers are still rising, it is NOT POLITICAL or racist. Its about honouring those the memorial is for. Wearing a new hat , placing a wreath and standing there for a few minutes does NOT absolve anybody of their moral duty. There is more to it than a photo opportunity. They gave all they had to give, their life, and you argue about flying a flag to honour that sacrifice. Why? What gives you or anybody else the right to deny them that honour and recognition? Have you spoken to people in the real world lately? Have you thought about how petty, self absorbed, and belittling that sounds? Your role, code of conduct, duty and moral concience should tell you you are wrong to even argue it. Talk to those who served and lost limbs, relatives, their sight, or those still serving and then tell me you are not ashamed of your callous attitude. As regards a previous posting #12 I never insulted the mayor or the town clerk, unless being up front and telling the truth is now insulting. I said nothing at the meeting I had not told them previously to their face. That courtesy has not been afforded to me by either. I do not care about politics nor do I care for politicians but I do care about our veterans, our forces, our war memorial and the Dovorians. Can you say the same? Over 3400 signatures now. How does that compare with 52 for the wavy benches? Come and stand next to me and speak to those you allegedly represent. The invitation is there. I look forward to seeing you outside by the war memorial and to listen to your explanation as to why you would deny us a flag.

end link