Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    Wouldn't he take his kids with him to get the tickets?
    I and a lot of others would go to regular matches but have you had a look out there lately, we're all bloody skint!
    The special occasions are the time to make the extra effort and stretch the piggy bank. Does not then help that the prices are hiked and they sell every Tom, Dick and Harry 4 tickets.
    I'm with Howard on this one.

Well I suppose he could take his kids with him. After all, I can't think of anything an 11 year old would rather do than queue up for 4 hours from 5am on a cold Saturday morning.
    I'm not saying the arrangements have been perfect. There are certainly one or two things I would have done differently, but there is no way to please everyone, and absolutely no way to ensure that tickets go to "deserving" fans first. What I won't do is criticise the club for doing their best, when I have yet to hear anybody come up with the perfect way to sell these tickets. Whatever the club do, they will upset someone.
    What is most important is that the DAFC make the most of this opportunity to strengthen the clubs finances. If that means increasing the prices for this game, I absolutely welcome it. If these extra fans are only going to roll up for the highest profile games, I would hope the club makes as much out of them as they possibly can. It is, after all, the regular fans who will see the benefits of this windfall.
    What irritates me is the amount of negativity surrounding the club at a time that there is so much to be positive about. I look forward to Boxing Day, when the tickets will finally get sold and some of us can concentrate on supporting our local football team again. And I don't just mean against Palace.

end link