Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I agree, David, that more needs to be done for the town centre. Improved car parking at the station is just one element of a wider regeneration of the district, including housing, DTIZ, Western Heights, etc. I think if you look at all the projects underway, there is significant momentum building. Of course, everyone is frustrated at timescales but these things don't happen overnight.

At the end of the day, this money is coming from Network Rail, so they are not going to invest money in anything other than infrastructure at their stations. I agree, car parking is not the only consideration for potential commuters, but it does make a big difference to those who spend a lot of their time travelling to and from work. I think a great many commuters would be attracted by the idea of a one hour commute to London, ample car parking at the station, and the delights of coming home to Dover! We need to start marketing that offer!

end link