Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Another Dover Western Docks Revival Workshop tonight at CT2. Doors open 1630.

Remain to be convinced about this proposal. The little cargoships that come in here from the Caribbean and West Africa seem to me to be the last knockings of the lovely reefers I used to sail on nearly half a century ago. Would have thought that it is only a matter of time before these trades are fully containerised and there is no need for pallets of cargo down the refrigerated holds.

What the point is of filling in the Granville and then building another marina out in the bay escapes me at the moment. The idea appears to be to build more sheds on the filled in land and use them for stuffing containers, which could be done somewhere else. All this to accept one little cargoship, or two at most.

I get the impression that DHB received permission for the abortive proposal to develop Terminal 2 and are casting around for ways to develop within the footprint granted, but at the moment these proposals do not make much sense to me and I shall be interested to hear a convincing economic justification.

http://www.doverport.co.uk/_assets/client/images/collateral/Western%20Docks%20Revival%20A4.pdf

end link