Community Safety Day Event
- 22 July 2012 17:24I am now able to confirm the Dover Community Safety Day event. The event will be taking place on the Promenade (west end) on Saturday 11th August between 1000 and 1600 Hrs. The event will consist of both static and arena displays.
Those organisations attending the event are as follows:
Kent Fire & Rescue Service (various displays and vehicles)
Port of Dover Police
Kent Police Neighbourhood Team
DDC Community Safety Unit
Maritime & Coastguard Agency
Port of London Authority River Safety Code Unit
KCC Highways Road Safety Unit
KCC Community Wardens
Dover Sea Safari
KCA Substance Misuse Intervention display
Kenwood Trust Youth Drug Intervention Team
Skillnet (Able Bodied and Persons with disabilities) working together
Newfoundland sea safety Rescue Dogs display
Kent Fire & Rescue Service High Tower Line Rescue display
Kent Fire & Rescue Service Road Traffic Accident Display (cutting person out of vehicle)
Water display (in outer Harbour):
Port of Dover Police Marine Unit
RNLI Dover Lifeboat (Mock Rescue) **possible appearance of RAF Air Sea Rescue Helicopter**
Newfoundland Sea Rescue Dogs water display.
The main road between Wellesley Road and Cambridge Road (west of Harbour House will be closed to traffic between 0700 and 1730 Hrs for the event.
Police Constable 52
Port of Dover Police
Neighbourhood Policing Unit
Kent CT16 1JA
tel: (01304) 216084 ext 5754
Mob: 07717 515961
fax: (01304) 241956Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
- 23 July 2012 06:34Thanks Chris.
Sounds like a good and interesting day. Hope lots of people attend to find out what they're doing wrong. A couple more stall-holders (LRCF and a dragon-race), it could have been the Regatta.
It's obviously not a DDC organised event, but a Port of Dover Police organised event. I wonder how long it would be before other people would find out about it.
RogerLast edited by Roger Walkden at 06:35 on 23 Jul 2012
- 23 July 2012 09:18Hopefully they will have the weather for this event if they do then it should go well, with all the above attending just needs to be well advertised that it will be held on the Promenade.
- 23 July 2012 21:30I have provided the contact details so maybe LRCF and others could get in touch and enquire about a stall.Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
- 11 August 2012 08:46reminder of the event today starting at 10 a.m.
- 11 August 2012 09:03Just to add that the timings of the various displays are on the frontpage..ie Newfoundland Dogs 14.15 etc
Last edited by PaulB at 09:04 on 11 Aug 2012
- 11 August 2012 11:28
- 11 August 2012 11:34
- 11 August 2012 13:31
- 12 August 2012 06:56Well done guys with the pictures.
Good to see you with us Neil.
Will shortly put a link through to this thread from the frontpage where I have just added a picture of the Lifeboat and the Police RIB in action at yesterdays event... here is the Tugboat joining in with spray in full flight. It did a great almost balletic dsiplay of soaring water...loved it!
Last edited by PaulB at 06:58 on 12 Aug 2012
- 12 August 2012 08:06Also just to add this Lifeboat one..its a tad bright but it was all happening so fast...
no time for adjustin' yer exposure..
Last edited by PaulB at 08:08 on 12 Aug 2012
- 12 August 2012 08:13Well done guys some really lovely picture of yesterday on the seafront and on the water, the weather sure held up for an enjoyable day.
- 12 August 2012 13:37Well done to everyone that put on yesterday's event. I know that due to the major planning required for Olympic Torch Relay and the Song for Dover Evening Event the Community Safety Day was put together and organised in just a few weeks with hardly any budget. With a whole year now to plan next's years event it should be bigger, better and more widely advertised.
- 12 August 2012 19:12
- 12 August 2012 19:20
- 12 August 2012 19:38Absolutely Fantabulous array of photos from you Guys above there
Adorable dogs, beautiful girls, terrific sea spray etc and as Ed says something for everyone
Great stuff! Luvit all
Well done to everyone who put this great event together and what a beautiful sunny day it was.
Loving our front page photo too
Welcome to the Forum Neil
- 13 August 2012 07:23Well done Ed, Ive added your name to Howards and Neils on the frontpage for max coverage. Great spread me oul china. Is that you down there on all fours mingling with the Newfoundlands...woof!
Ed mentions the Costa Romantica there above..here she is in the background of this pic which shows the Lifeboat and Policeboat racing towards shore at breakneck speed.
Last edited by PaulB at 07:25 on 13 Aug 2012
- 13 August 2012 10:22Not me down on all fours, those things were the size of small bears! We did ask the bloke and he was the owner. There must have been a couple of dozen dogs and they all go home with their individual owners, so I am told. Must have a credit account with PAL. That is my Canadian sister-in-law Annette attempting to resuscitate a plastic doll, they don't bite. She was a bit wary of the dogs although they seemed very friendly and placid.
Retired to the White Horse afterwards and in the space of an hour or so two separate channel swimmers, one American and one Asian, came in and added their names to the walls and ceiling - running out of space. No fuss made of them, barman said there had been a hundred already this year. Perhaps something else we could look to promote to the wider world?