Cody 'Boogie Boy' Lee...
- 7 June 2012 08:35... the young Air Cadet who stole the show when he performed at the 11.11.11 concert in Dover Town Hall will be back here to perform....
In Pencester Gardens at the Frontline Dover, Armed Forces Day event, 23rd and 24th June......
Make sure that you come and see someone who is destined for showbiz greatness....
Other acts, as previously announced, include Britain's Got Talent semi-finalists, The Jive Aces and the Swingtime Sweethearts.
This year catering will be provided by a genuine 1940's NAAFI wagon and we have been promised more military vehicles than ever before.
Last edited by BarryW at 08:36 on 7 Jun 2012
- 7 June 2012 08:42Further to the post above...
Here is a bit of fun video, from a few years ago, of him with the Jive Aces...
And here he is again, a bit older, well when he was 12 years old....
One more - Roll Over Beethoven.....
Last edited by BarryW at 08:44 on 7 Jun 2012
- 7 June 2012 09:22let's hope the weather is better by then, good to hear about the military vehicles there were none that i could see up at the ww2 event at the castle though they did have a 1940's naafi van.
- 7 June 2012 09:53Quite right about the weather Howard...as its a good event for sure. Good luck with it all BarryW. Here are a couple of pictures from sunnier times of the event in full flow...
People enjoying the various stalls and the military vehicles
and below enjoying the Swingtime Sweethearts boogying away.
Last edited by PaulB at 09:57 on 7 Jun 2012
- 7 June 2012 10:06By the way, I meant to add. There's a well known forumite geezer in the crowd above. The picture is reproduced small but can anyone spot him? It's reproduced as big as we can get though in our forum.
- 7 June 2012 14:58Here is an enlargement of the above picture so hopefully it will be a bit easier to see the well known face. Have another go...
also bumping this terrif event up a bit longer to catch the eye...Make a note in your diary of the dates in the top post.
- 7 June 2012 15:10is that nigel in blue on the far left?
- 7 June 2012 15:16Certainly is Howard - trying to get away before anyone noticed him.
- 7 June 2012 15:44Yes thats 'im...the very fella himself...Cllr Nigel Collor. Only an occasional forumite these days as he carries a number of busy portfolios at KCC and DDC.
- 7 June 2012 15:59not often you see nigel on the far left paul, that's how i spotted him.
- 7 June 2012 18:22
- 7 June 2012 18:38that pic could be worth a few bob alec, not every day you see someone to the right of barry.
- 7 June 2012 19:18didnt no barry was the center of the universe.stress
when you wake up
screaming and you
realise you haven't
yet fallen asleep.