Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

In fact, no, Keith.
    My programme is as follows:
    Training courses would be provided for local people to work in factories and on farms, also as carers and nurses, and domestic work too such as caring for children of working families with a high income, and also brick-layers, carpenters... while still keeping the present training courses, such as Pitman Training and Kent College and similar, for those who pursue computer training.

Presently, in Britain, there are no incentives to train local people to do factory and farm work - apart from the actual farm owners and line leaders in factories, as it seems that EU legislation, albeit unofficially, all but banned British people from this kind of work.

Seasonal farm work and factory employment used to guarantee work for millions more Brits than is now the case, even just 20 years ago.

It would take at least a year to train a few million people and slowly get them into this sort of employment, and meanwhile, the Eastern European workers would gradually leave, as the vast majority of them only come for a few years, earn and save what they can, and then return home and are replaced by others.
    They rarely come to settle here permanently.

So, meanwhile, those leaving would not be replaced by others from the East of Europe, while those still in employment would have time to adjust. In other words, there would be no abrupt rupture, no upsetting mass-exodus of people, but a controlled and humane change-over.

I would also strongly recommend that eastern European states save themselves from EU bankruptcy and failure during this transition period, as many of their people work in Germany and other western EU countries, as well as Britain.

They would have this precious window of about 1 year to prepare themselves for better local productivity, such as more local farm work and industry in their own towns and villages, and find trading partners in Russia, Asia and Africa.

The whole EU subsidy system is obviously going to end, and obviously these eastern European states need time to readjust.

Meanwhile, local British people would be doing training courses to work in factories, do seasonal farm work (even part-time), and would also receive a good income while on training. I would go as far as suggesting £2,000 a month for a 3-6 month training period and gradual entry into employment.

After which, they can choose whether to work full-time or part-time, with a minimum wage of at least £10 an hour as prices stand now.

Forget political parties, Keith, as I have already tried these proposals in one party, and got no-where.

end link