Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Something for 'Mature Dovorians' to re-live past memories when the BBC radio and TV channels provided some decent entertainment.

The BBC 'Genome' Project has now gone 'live' - for those that are not ware - the project is a web site that contains the BBC listings information which was printed in 'Radio Times' from 1923 - 2009.

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk

It's quite an interesting read, unfortunately you cannot hear or see the programs - but reading the schedules brings back happy memories - to me at least.

A search for 'Dover' revealed that amongst many other entries, on the 15th April 1946 the BBC 'Home Service' (remember that? - Radio 4 to you younger readers) at 1830 a program entitled 'Dover to Calais' was broadcast to celebrate the resumption of the 'Golden Arrow' service.

I'd like to say that I listened to it - but as i was just 7 weeks old i cannot recall it!

Also, amongst others, the schedule for all channels needs a complete rewrite for the period 31st August 1997 - early September 1997!

end link